Xbox Game Pass
- Xbox Game Pass is a subscription-based gaming service by Microsoft launched on Xbox One on June 1, 2017.
- The service allows access to select games published by Microsoft and some partners, along with additional incentives.
- Xbox Game Pass subscription includes Xbox One titles and also Xbox 360 titles via the Xbox One's backward compatibility feature.
HOW DOES IT WORKS?
- The games are downloaded to the console's storage device and remain available as long as users continue their membership.
- If membership is suspended, access to the games is restricted, but all progress and game saves are retained.
- Players can purchase games in the catalog at a 20% discount, and any related add-on content for those games at a 10% discount.
- Xbox Game Pass does not require users to have a paid Xbox Live membership, although a Gold-level membership is required for use of any multiplayer features that are included in Pass-enabled games.
- Xbox Live Gold subscribers received priority access on launch on May 24.