Games with Gold
- Games with Gold is part of paid-for Xbox Live Gold subscription service by Microsoft launched on July 1, 2013.
- As part of the subscription, members are given four games every month, two for each platform: Xbox One and Xbox 360.
- Xbox online multiplayer requires a subscription to Xbox Live Gold.
HOW DOES IT WORKS?
- Membership in the Xbox Live Gold service includes access to a rolling selection of free games, known as Games with Gold.
- If membership is suspended, access to the Xbox One games is restricted, but all progress and game saves are retained.
- New titles are made available every month, while older games are withdrawn from the collection.
- Games downloaded through the program on Xbox 360 are free to own with no further restrictions.
- As of November 2015, all Games with Gold titles for Xbox 360 are backwards compatible on Xbox One.
- Features that require a Gold subscription include online gaming, matchmaking/smartmatch, private chat, party chat and in-game voice communication.
- Other features, such as game recording and media sharing also necessitate Gold membership.
- Region: Worldwide (with exceptions).